Saturday, June 09, 2007

Countin' down...

Ten days til I leave and I can't stop thinking (worrying?) about it. I get that nervous-excited-adrenaline-pumped feeling every time it crosses my mind.

Plus, with school almost over, everybody is asking what I'll be up to this summer.

Um, living abroad?
Learning a new language?
Learning a new culture?
Gaining a new perspective?
Riding over cobblestones?
Celebrating midsummer?
Eating pickled herring?
Visiting Malmö? Stockholm? Mölle? Helsingborg? Skåne?

Yup.

Just gotta pack first!

4 comments:

Chagan said...

I can't speak to all of your concerns, but since I've been abroad I've grown to enjoy some pickled herring, though I was terrified of it when I was young. And, in Poland the custom is to drink it with Vodka (they make some joke about letting the fish swim, which you might not want to actually think about)-so if you need to pregame the pickled herring I'm sure no one will hold it against you.

Yay Sweden!

Chagan said...

i'm studying for a final about public administration (ie, bureacracy), and did you know that sweden has one of the top 5 most important models of bureaucracy in europe? another thing to get excited about!

EB said...

Pickled...fish...shudder...

EB said...

And now it's one day...hope you're more excited than anything else :).