Thursday, November 15, 2007

Linnea's Weather Advisory.

Wear a hat.
And some gloves.


Some long underwear might be good, too.

I would not recommend wearing sandals or flip-flops of any sort outside of the house.


Socks? Essential.


The weather in Northern California was around 65°F today.

In Lund?

Ha.

The high today was 37°.


That was the low.

Yep. Winter just smacked Sweden in the face. Big time. And as magical as it is to wake up to snowflakes falling from the sky, I've discovered that I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to this cold, frosty, icy, snowy sort of weather.


I've stopped riding my bike... both of them, actually. If it is snowing outside, my commuter bike stays locked up, and I take a trip on the public bus. And I've replaced training rides on my road bike with jogging sessions on the outskirts of Lund.


Meanwhile, Swedes just bundle up and continue to ride their bikes over cold, salted cobbles and through frozen puddles and frost. Hardcore.


Hmmm. Maybe it's a good thing that I'll be back in California in January, after all...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to assume it gets colder before it gets warmer? Hi Sally, good thing you got those long johns!